I try not to stray too much from the main subject of this blog, but then again blockchain security ís a broad field. It is always valuable to expand your horizon: cryptography, threat modeling, offensive security, ... You should try to at least grasp the basics. I leave it up to you to decide how deep you want to dive 🐋 😉.
Another year, another Humble Book Bundle about cyber security! This year's edition is offered by Wiley.
I'm too lazy to describe it any better than they do on their website, so here it goes:
"Master the art of digital defense
Learn to safeguard your systems and protect against online threats with our latest bundle from Wiley! Within the digital pages of these books, you’ll discover how to think the way hackers do and find tried-and-true techniques to put your cybersecurity measures to the test. Plus, your purchase helps support Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)!"
At the time of writing the bundle already raised € 46,248.57 for charity!
The largest bundle contains a whopping 27 cybersecurity books. Honourable inclusions this year are:
It goes without saying that I am a a bit of a Humble Book Bundle fan ❤️. In the past years I've purchased the following bundles:
- Cyber Security (2018) by Packt
- Hacking 2.0 (2019) and Python (2021) by No Starch Press. The latter included the following books:
- Beyond the Basic Stuff with Python
- Cracking Codes with Python
- Doing Math with Python
- Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python
- Learn to Program with Minecraft
- Math Adventures with Python
- Mission Python
- Natural Language Processing with Python and spaCy
- Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
- Python One-Liners
- Real-World Python
- Serious Python
- Teach Your Kids to Code