Article Series on EU Cryptocurreny Regulation
I am definitely not a lawyer, so please inform yourself properly before relying on the information I share here.
With all the fuss lately about "regulation" coming to cryptocurrencies, I have been reading up on European regulation with regard to this topic.
Since the focus of this website is still very much "security" focused, I will try my best to highlight the various security related requirements. They are often called (cyber) security and ICT risk measures.
Please also have a look the European Commission's Blockchain Strategy and the EC's vision of a legal and regulatory framework for blockchain.
- (All Articles)
- Markets in Crypto-Assets (MiCA) Regulation
- Digital Operational Resilience Act (DORA)
- Pilot Regime for Market Infrastructures based on Distributed Ledger Technology
- Smart Contracts, a Law + Technology Perspective by Thibault Schrepel
- Belgian Anti-Money Laundering Act 🇧🇪
- FSMA Communication: Classification of crypto-assets as securities, investment instruments or financial instruments 🇧🇪
- New FSMA Regulation: Rules governing advertisements for virtual currencies 🇧🇪